Procurement & Supply
Build the Future of Care One Strategy at a Time
Build the pipelines that put life-saving tools, products, and resources in the hands of the health professionals who need them. Here, you'll drive positive change from within an industry leader. Supported by the resources you need to make informed and accurate business decisions, you'll maximize your performance and that of the organization.
Supervisor, Pharmacy eProcurement Business AnalysisLocation: Downey, CA Job Number: 891345 Date posted: 09/11/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Responsible for a range of process improvement and operations management activities related to Supply Chain and the buy-to-pay cycle. Activities include planning, performing and implementing process improvement initiatives, in addition to ownership of operational processes. These initiatives may represent one portion of a larger project, or may represent a stand-alone initiative or function within a work group or department. Process management functions may include data gathering and analysis, best practice research, process mapping, developing and recommending alternatives for improvement, developing performance metrics, obtaining stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements and monitoring performance against updated standards. Activities are undertaken and executed in support of organizational goals and are accountable for providing business process solutions to meet internal and external customer needs. Partners with various stakeholder groups across the organization, process owners, external suppliers and management to execute and deliver results.
- Data Analysis: Identifies sources, gathers and analyzes data relevant to functional area and business process across supply chain. Defines requirements for data and sets standards of data collection and representation. Creates data tools for internal team and external customer needs.
- Research: Reviews best practice research, existing business practices and system functionality options to improve supply chain transactional and business processes. Makes recommendations to solve complex problems using process, operations and technology based solutions that comply with organization policies and standards. Identifies opportunities for increasing business efficiency through improved manual and automated processes. Acts as a liaison between business and technical system support and development teams to explore and recommend appropriate solutions to business problems impacting supply chain.
- Process Management: Documents as is and to be business process to address a supply chain business problem. Obtains input from various stakeholders and process owners to define. Works with cross-divisional teams to gain consensus and build a recommendation for senior management forum approval. Determines process recommendation documents including presentations, process maps, supporting metrics, business requirements and related impact analysis.
- Performance Management: Defines and evaluates performance metrics to assess successful outcomes. Works with multiple stakeholder groups, often with competing or conflicting objectives to ensure cohesive and reachable measures of success. Reviews data on a regular basis to ensure trends in performance are improving overall while identifying specific anomalies in the data that require attention.
- Change Management: Demonstrates expertise in functional area business processes and understands cross functional and divisional stakeholder operations. Leads or partners in change management activities associated with process improvements identified. Engages key stakeholders and external suppliers to obtain support and buy in for changes. Champions process improvement efforts at a local or national level, ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Staff Management: Develops and directs work schedules and monitors performance against objectives and targets for the team. Develops work procedures and guidelines for the team. Provides professional and technical guidance and training. Has formal supervisory responsibility.
- 5 years related experience in supply chain transaction process improvement and operations experience.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience with PeopleSoft supply chain modules preferred.
- Experience in health care supply chain operations preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Procurement & Supply Careers
Procurement & Supply Careers
Responsible for providing hundreds of millions of dollars in savings to the organization, our procurement and supply professionals are intently focused on reducing costs, establishing supplier diversity, and practicing green sourcing. The work you'll do designing budgets, delivering strategic business plans, and saving dollars will translate directly into improved member care. Come apply your ideas, bold thinking, and business expertise to managing supply chains and delivering the results that enable us to deliver our mission.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!