The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Urgent Care Physician AssistantLocation: Downey, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 829398 Date posted: 11/19/2019
- Collect subjective data (obtain history).
- Collect objective data (perform a physical exam).
- Develop an assessment (diagnosis).
- Develop and implement a management plan.
- Facilitate the referral of patients to the appropriate health facilities, agencies and resources within the community.
- Order pharmacologic interventions.
- Develop and implement an educational plan.
- Plan for appropriate follow-up care.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience unless specified by department.
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant Program
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California Physician Assistant License.
- *National certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) - (*Must be obtained from NCCPA for initial State PA license, need not be maintained).
- DEA Registration Number.
- BCLS (ACLS, PALS).
- National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Ability to work with physicians and members in a confident and concise manner.
- Function with minimal supervision, problem solve and make decisions in a fast pace environment.
- Will be responsible for assuring appropriate documentation, discharge instructions and arrangement for follow up care.
- Will be assigned to Urgent Care (Medical and Surgical).
- Ability to work variable shifts (5 hour shift and/or 8 hour shift), 7 days a week.
- Required to work rotating weekends and evenings/closing shifts. (4 weekend shifts are required per month).
- Must meet minimum shift requirements.
- Hours and days may vary due to operational needs of department.
- Start time will vary depending on departmental needs.
- Other duties as needed.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.