Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Nuclear Medicine Tech Supervisor - Grade 920Location: Dublin, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 792299 Date posted: 05/16/2019
- Regularly directs, checks, trains, and reports on the work of three or more Regular (20 hours or more) Nuclear Medicine Technologists.
- Performs other required lead functions as determined by the Employer.
- As prescribed by Physician, performs diagnostic studies on patients, using scanners or scintillation cameras to detect radiation emitted and to produce image of organ on photographic film.
- Under the general supervision of the Physician, prepares stock solutions of radiopharmaceutical materials, calculates doses, and administers doses.
- Administers therapeutic doses of radiopharmaceuticals under direct supervision of the physician.
- Measures radioactivity, using Geiger counters, scalars, and scintillation detectors. Calibrates equipment.
- Follows radiation safety techniques in use and disposal of radioactive materials.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- This job motivates and provides work direction to other employees, but does not have the authority to hire, fire, or discipline.
- Must have a minimum three (3) years of continuous and recent experience in nuclear medicine.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Must be certified by the State of California and registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) and/or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB).
- BLS required.
- Must meet all requirements of the Nuclear Medicine Technologist II.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all procedures and processes as determined by the employer.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente's code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures. Kaiser Permanente is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.