The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Call Center Advice Nurse SupervisorLocation: Duluth, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 769946 Date posted: 03/20/2019
- To provide day to day direct supervision / leadership to the Call Center Advice Nurses (RN)
- To ensure that patient care practices and other Call Center activities are in keeping with the organization's policies and procedures; quality standards and performance expectations.
- Work collaboratively with the Service Associate Supervisors, Healthcare Teams and other departments to coordinate patient care activities and duties.
- Provide patient safety by ensuring that advice nurses are following established Nursing Guidelines, Organizations Policies and Procedures, Standards of Care and Regulatory Agencies Standards.
- Ensures that patient calls are managed by registered nurses in a manner and time that maximizes customer satisfaction and minimizes risk exposure.
- Ensures that registered nurses are working within the scope of nursing practice
- Demonstrate strong clinical knowledge, judgement and competency skills.
- Ensures that telephone access and service standards are met and sustained
- Responds to formal (Member Services) and informal (Quality Improvement Concern form) member concerns raised by patients, providers and others in a timely manner.
- Participates in Call Center Quality Improvement Program to include call management, nursing documentation, customer service skills and quality of KP On - Line advice responses.
- Understands, Interprets and acts on statistical measurements of individual and Call Center performance
- Accepts calls from patients for nurse triage and advice, and documents the same
- Responds to emergencies according to Call Center and organizational policies and procedures
- Contributes to the development, review and recommendation for changes to the Nursing Guidelines and Kaiser Permanente Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in the hiring of qualified, competent and appropriately licensed (when applicable) staff
- Develops monthly work schedule for all Call Center registered nurses.
- Participates in annual review of staff performance utilizing the Performance Development Process
- Participates in the orientation and training of new hires and the ongoing coaching and mentoring of incumbent staff
- Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others; shows consistency in words and action; conducts business with honesty; maintains confidences; admits mistakes
- Monitors KP On - Line, Carepoint, etc- advice responses for quality, timeliness and appropriateness
- Supports the medical offices through the management of several after hours activities, such as critical lab, management of non-formulary prescription and outreach initiatives
- Performs annual competency validation skills assessment
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
- Understands that access to protected health information (PHI) will be limited to the minimum necessary required to effectively perform your job.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Georgia
- Obtain BLS certification within 90 days and maintain
- One to three years progressive management and leadership experience
- Three to five years nursing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment-
- BS in Nursing
- 5 years management experience
- Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service Assessment
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.