Communication & Public Affairs
Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Communications Consultant (Letter Editor)Location: Duluth, GA Job Number: 946914 Date posted: 06/04/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Provide communications consulting to internal clients on internal and external communications programs, projects and tactics. Consulting activity will vary from verbal communications or advice on communications issues to providing written customized communications plans.
- Strategize with client, writes creative briefs, researches and analyzes information, prepares presentations (PowerPoint presentations, speeches and talking points), plans logistics, and manages overall coordination.
- Ensure content is consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand in terms of tone, manner, and messaging.
- Manage and complete multiple assignments in short time frames and coordinate diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic program for a single client or for a program.
- Acquire the input and resources of other communications staff in the organization to fulfill the objectives of communication plans and projects on behalf of communications practice leaders' clients.
- Coordinates the deliverables of other communicators in the organization to ensure that special projects are in compliance with negotiated timelines/financial allocations.
- Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results. Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in a complex corporate communications environment with demonstrated excellence in developing, implementing and monitoring strategic communications programs.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, english or business administration or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to coordinate diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic communications program.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.