The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Pain Management RN, Gwinnett Medical CenterLocation: Duluth, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 844314 Date posted: 11/08/2019
The Pain Management RN is a licensed, registered nurse who has completed training in the care of ambulatory Pain Management patients. The Pain Management RN utilizes a high level of knowledge to deliver care before, during and after pain management procedures requiring mild/moderate sedation and/or conscious sedation. Communicates effectively with the physicians. The Pain Management RN interprets data received prior to procedures and utilizes nursing judgment that is in line with safety protocols. The Pain Management RN acts independently and is self-directed; intervenes as appropriate to resolve issues and is responsible for implementing the philosophy, objectives, standard of care, policies and procedures of Pain Management services under the supervision of the Pain Management Physician.The Pain Management RN is responsible for implementing the philosophy, objectives, standard of care, policies and procedures of Pain Management services under the supervision of the Pain Management Physician.
- Administration of mild to moderate and/or conscious sedation.
- Direct assessment, evaluation and monitoring for all patients undergoing pain management procedures.
- IV insertions and maintenance of IV fluids as appropriate.
- Documentation of members' health information in the medical record.
- Assuring informed consent and obtaining all necessary patient signatures.
- Works closely with the medical, nursing, and ancillary staff of the institution to provide quality and safe care.
- Acts as liaison between Advice RN and Physician to resolve patient requests.
- Assists with telephone triage.
- Reviews laboratory data prior to interventional procedures.
- Monitoring and maintenance of EMR clinical support pools.
- Daily monitoring of crash cart and or jump bag.
- Assists physician in providing diagnostic services to patients in the Pain Management clinic.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years of RN clinical nursing experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia or able to obtain prior to date of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association must be obtained prior to hire date.
- Current Advanced Cardia Life Support (ACLS) from the American Heart Association must be obtained proir to hire date.
- Strong medical and/or surgical background.
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Two (2) years of Pain Management experience.
- IV sedation experience.
- Critical Care experience.
- Ambulatory Surgery experience.
- Operating Room experience
- Telephone triage experience.
- BS in nursing preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.