Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Scrub Tech I, Procedure SuiteLocation: Duluth, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 861254 Date posted: 02/04/2020
The Scrub Technician I, is responsible for helping to prepare OR, scrubbing with the Surgeon, assisting with surgical procedures and working in the Prep and Recovery area when necessary.
- The Scrub Technician is responsible for helping to prepare OR, scrubbing with Surgeon, assisting with surgical procedures and working under the direction of a Nurse in the prep and recovery area.
- Preceptor of all new technicians, providing training on new equipment and patient care services.
- Assists in the ongoing process of healthcare delivery to patients incorporating age related and developmental specific requirements.
- Provides technical skills assisting surgeon and operating surgical equipment in a safe efficient manner.
- Pre Surgery: Set up surgical equipment, instruments and sterile supplies and make sure the equipment works properly.
- Intra-operatively: Pass instruments and sterile supplies to the surgeon and surgical assistant. Helps to keep track of needles, sponges, instruments and supplies. Cuts sutures and holds retractors. Manage specimens taken for analysis. Assist GI providers with biopsy.
- Postop: Help transport patients to recovery area. Prepares instruments for sterilization. Clean the operating room and restock it with supplies. Prepares for operating room for next case. Assist the Nurses with discharging patients and wheeling them out to pick-up area.
- Graduation from a recognized Surgical Technologist Program.
- High School diploma or GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- BLS required.
- CST ,CSFA, and or TS-C Surgical Tech Certification after (1) year of employment.
- One (1) year of work experience in the OR.
- CST ,CSFA, and or TS-C Surgical Tech Certification.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.