Making Each Interaction Extraordinary
Functioning as a liaison between our members, employer groups, providers, brokers, and internal customers, our customer service groups are the face and voice of Kaiser Permanente. They play a vital role in explaining our offerings, policies, and procedures as well as meeting the needs of our members across the country.
Sr. Training Specialist - (Full - time 40 hrs - Duluth, GA)Location: Duluth, GA Job Number: 889070 Date posted: 03/02/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Sr. Training Specialist is responsible for designing and delivering learning solutions and programs to develop skills and improve job performance. This role directly supports the execution of strategic priorities in the appointment scheduling and member services contact centers. This role provides structure and work direction to junior-level training roles.
- Design training curriculum (e.g. manuals, presentations, e-learning, communications) using instructional design and adult learning principals; Researches external training programs and products for internal use; Manages relationships with learning and development vendors; Oversee department metrics to determine effectiveness of training programs using Survey Monkey, KP Learn, team status report and other tools, as needed; Measures program impact using a variety of methods i.e. evaluation, testing, coaching.
- Consults with Manager- and Director-level leaders to identify learning solutions to meet performance expectations in quality programs, customer service audits from strategic clients, Medicare, etc.
- Provides work direction (and performance review input) for Training Specialist I & II; provides oversight for training programs (training rooms, program execution, department communications); Project manager for contact center certified coaches in MSCC and responsible for selection, retention and utilization of the role; Conducts train-the-trainer sessions for training specialists and adjunct faculty.
- Represents the Georgia Region, as needed, in national or regional projects and learning initiatives; Serves as regional project manager for Member Services Knowledgebase page; Coordinates knowledge transfer between partner departments and member services (e.g. sales, provider relations) to achieve cross-functional operational excellence.
- Facilitate training programs to employees at all levels in the call centers (e.g. New Employee Orientation for Appointment Call Center, New Employee Orientation for Member Services Call Center, Coaching Certification, Ad hoc training for projects, etc) and in other departments by request (e.g. claims, technology roll-out in a non-call center department, etc); act as supervisor for all new trainees until training is completed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in call center or training role.
- Experience using EPIC.
- Experience with insurance, benefits, and claims.
- Training delivery and evaluation experience.
- Instructional design experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Computer proficiency (e.g. Excel, Work, PowerPoint).
- Training Certification Preferred (e.g. CPLP, CPTD, Certification in Instructional Design).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Customer Service Careers
Customer Service Careers
With over 11 million members, more than 127,000 employees, and over 40 million doctor visits a year, our customer service teams need you to come work with a wide variety of people to address concerns, resolve grievances, and educate our communities about our offerings. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll put your communication and mediation skills to work in support of excellence. We are committed to supporting you with ongoing growth, training, and development opportunities.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.