Staff Registered Nurse, Advanced Care Center/Clinical Decision Unit
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Provides nursing care to patients within his/her scope of practice, utilizing the nursing process to assess the health status, establish a nursing diagnosis, establish nursing goals to meet health care needs, and develop, implement and evaluate a nursing plan of care. O.C.G.A. S43-26-3(8). Nursing care will involve both ACC and CDU patients.
- Assesses and triages patients presenting to the ACC/CDUhealth care setting, including unscheduled patients, emergencies and others. Recognizes patients presentation with atypical signs and symptoms of acute coronary syndrome and acute stroke. Initiates immediate emergency interventions. Provides care for patients of varying age and acuity including AMI, multiple injuries, CVA, Gyn emergencies and other medical /surgical conditions. Performs a triage assessment, determines acuity, and implements an individual plan of care. Evaluates emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing interventions. Leads the nursing response to medical emergencies. Ensures the readiness of the Health Care Team members to respond to emergencies, including equipment and staff knowledge and skill.
- Monitors patient and work flows, directs other clinical support staff in the delivery of patient care. Monitors electronic messaging and email related to patient and provider requests and inquires. Manages the messages as appropriate or triages to physician or others as needed.
- Initiates and monitors IV therapy, administration of medications and other nursing procedures as ordered by the physician or associate practitioner. Assists with procedures and monitors patients response during and after the procedure.
- Assesses patient and family health education needs, provides health teaching and counseling and evaluates effectiveness of the education process.
- Conducts outgoing telephone calls to patients requiring follow up care and preventative outreach. Accurately documents patient data, actions, interventions and patient response according to established guidelines and policies.
- Leads or participates in quality improvement activities and/or initiatives. Responds effectively to member / patient concerns. Serves as an advocate for the patient. Facilitates transitions and coordination of care across the continuum.
- Serves as a role model for quality and service and as a resource, coach and mentor for other members of the Health Care Team.
- Completes other department-specific procedures and nursing care within scope of practice and skill. Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanentes Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanentes policies and procedures.
- Minimum of one (1) year recent (within last five (5) years) experience within an Emergency Department and/or Critical Care unit (ICU, L&D, ACC) as a licensed RN or completed a Kaiser Permanente Nurse Residency program in Georgia.
- Associates degree.
- Graduate of NLN-accredited School of Nursing.
- Registered Professional Nurse License (Georgia) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 6 months of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required at hire
- Experience in a fast-paced setting/environment.
- Basic EKG interpretation.
- Advanced hemodynamic monitoring.
- Excellent nursing assessment skills.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience within an Emergency Department and/or Critical Care unit (ICU, L&D, PACU, etc.).
- Bachelors (BSN) degree.