Staff RNDuluth, Georgia
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Demonstrates KP Nursing Values (Professionalism; Patient and Family-Centered Care; Compassion; Teamwork and Integrity).
- Provides a professional level of nursing care to patients within his/her scope of practice, utilizing the nursing process to assess the health status, establish a nursing diagnosis, establish nursing goals to meet health care needs, and develop, implement and evaluate a nursing plan of care. O.C.G.A. S43-26-3(8).
- Functions as an RN team resource as applicable for role.
- Assesses and triages patients presenting to the health care setting, including unscheduled patients, emergencies and others using critical thinking skills.
- Monitors patient and work flows, directs other clinical support staff in the delivery of safe and effective patient care.
- Serves as a role model for quality and service and as a resource, coach and mentor for other members of the Health Care Team.
- Initiates and monitors IV therapy, administration of medications and other nursing procedures as ordered by the physician or associate practitioner.
- Assists with procedures and nursing care within scope of practice and skill. Monitors patients response during and after the procedure.
- Manages electronic messaging and e-mail related to patient and provider requests and inquiries (In-basket support) as appropriate through triage and direct response to the member within scope of practice and/or triage/staging message for provider response.
- Evaluates emergency situations and initiate appropriate nursing interventions. Lead the nursing response to medical emergencies. Ensure the readiness of the Health Care Team members to respond to emergencies, including equipment and staff knowledge and skill.
- Accurately documents patient data, actions, interventions and patient response according to established guidelines and policies.
- Provides follow-up care to patients by providing outgoing telephone calls, follow-up interaction, coordinating referrals, scheduling follow-up appointments, call in/fax in prescriptions, obtain and integrate lab, x-ray and other results, and manage physician orders for lab/x-ray per guidelines.
- Partners with team to provide excellent customer service, respond to patient issues and complaints and initiate service recovery procedure.
- Assesses patient and family health education needs, provides health teaching and counseling and evaluates effectiveness of the education process.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient. Facilitates transitions and coordination of care across the continuum.
- Maintains established quality standards by leading or participating in quality monitoring, HEDIS and improvement activities.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance at all times.
- Successfully completes required RN Graduate Internship Program as appropriate for internal or external Staff RN.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) year of RN experience or completed a Kaiser Permanente Nurse Residency program in Georgia.
- Associates Degree or two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Professional Nurse License (Georgia) required at hire
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Bachelors (BSN) degree.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.