Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
ON CALL - Appointment Center Service RepresentativeLocation: El Cajon, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 832056 Date posted: 10/04/2019
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Operates in a high volume, high structured Appointment Center environment by constantly responding to incoming calls.
- Works in a personal computer environment with multiple departments.
- Uses guidelines and protocols for multiple departments to best meet member needs.
- Determines the type of appointment requested or needed, reviews scheduling mix of various physicians/providers, and then makes appointment utilizing appropriate guidelines.
- Prioritizes member needs and offers alternatives to members when appropriate.
- Utilizes superior customer service skills to provide service to members when diffusing difficult member encounters.
- Uses tact and diplomacy in handling difficult interactions with members.
- Determines if calls are urgent or emergent by listening to the member, following established guidelines and then transferring the call to the appropriate department for immediate resolution.
- Composes messages for physicians/providers, registered nurses and other medical staff based on member requests.
- Responds in a courteous and professional manner to general questions, using on-line databases to provide information to any member or other personnel calling the center.
- Identifies ways to improve quality of service to members and recommends steps used to accomplish these changes.
- Must perform all of the above duties while meeting established standards of performance for quality and productivity.
- Performs clerical duties which may include assigning new members a primary care physician, calling patients and booking appointments for specialty appointments, calling members to cancel and reschedule appointments.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Two or more of the following: One (1) year of customer service experience. One (1) year of personal computer experience.
- Successful completion of the Call Center Simulation Test
- As part of applicant process, must take Proofreading Assessment for non KP employees only.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.