The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
LVN - Target Retail Clinic - EncinitasLocation: Encinitas, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 848365 Date posted: 12/02/2019
Under the direction & guidance of an RN, assists in the planning & delivery of nursing services for patients. Utilizes direct observation or electronic monitoring to identify patient needs. A Licensed Vocational Nurse is a member of the nursing team & provides direct nursing care for patients & supports unit functions. Direct Patient Care-Performs data collection & other technical & manual skills assigned upon direction of the RN. Performs appropriate patient interventions as directed by the RN. Performs assigned educational tasks after the patient's educational needs are assessed by the RN. Implements care of the patient as assigned following assessment by the RN. Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional & chronological maturation process in delivery of srvs to patients of the age group served.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity & lifestyle choices on patient condition & makes accommodations for such differences.
- Sets priorities according to most emergent needs on an ongoing basis.
- Performs LVN skills in compliance w/all approved policies/procedures w/ minimal or indirect supervision.
- Recognizes & clarifies inappropriate orders.
- Collaborates w/ appropriate health care team members in a timely manner to facilitate patient outcomes.
- Re-enforces learning & discharge planning needs of patient/family & documents teaching in a timely manner.
- Routinely takes usual & special precautions relative to the age, medical history, condition of the patient, & the type of treatment being given.
- Documents clinical activities in a timely manner.
- Documentation is legible, comprehensive & accurate.
- Organizational Rules, Policies & Procedures Observes all applicable Regional, Medical
- Center&dept policies & procedures.
- Adheres to Attendance policy.
- Adheres to TIME System practice.
- Adheres to Personal Phone Call policy.
- Adheres to Dress Code policy.
- Displays clearly visible identification, stating name, title & dept.
- Adheres to Confidentiality & Computer Security policy.
- Participates in education/orientation of other staff.
- Accountable to attend at least 50% of staff meetings & in-services & responsible for all content of staff meetings/in-service presentations by attendance or reviewing minutes.
- Quality & Service - Responsive to the needs of others maintaining a professional behavior toward members & co-workers & creating a positive image for the dept.
- Establishes & maintains courteous, cooperative relations w/ public, patients, families, & personnel.
- Informs patients of reason for any delays or anticipated delays in their care.
- Treats all patients in accordance w/the Patient's Bill of Rights.
- Conducts only work-related conversations when patients are waiting for service.
- Works in a cooperative manner w/team members to meet needs of patients & unit.
- Communicates in writing accurately, completely & legibly, & routes such communication appropriately & in a timely manner.
- Communicate information & keeps RN informed throughout the shift of patient status & needs.
- Communicates in the English language in the patient care setting, unless acting as an interpreter.
- Professionalism - Maintains professional demeanor in all interactions w/ patient & staff.
- Responds positively to constructive criticism from peers & supervisors.
- Participates in continuing education, in-services & staff development w/in the dept & Medical Center.
- Maintains unit specific work requirements & competencies w/in timeframe required.
- Knowledge of & participation in unit quality improvement activities.
- Ability to function w/a minimum of supervision utilizing nursing problem solving techniques.
- Takes initiative to recognize & evaluate area of concern.
- Improvises to find solutions & initiates appropriate follow-through.
- Knowledgeable of & participates in unit quality improvement & the Inpatient Nursing Quality Indicator Program.
- Productivity - Able to manage care for assigned patients.
- Adjust to fluctuations in workload, w/in designated work hours.
- Demonstrates flexibility to function in a variety of settings based on individual skills.
- Equipment&Supplies for General Floor Care Areas Maintains & utilizes equipment, supplies & work area in accordance w/dept guidelines.
- Promptly reports equipment malfunctions to Unit Assistant.
- Performs venipuncture&finger sticks.
- Check in patients&members.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in previous three (3) years as an LVN.
License, Certification, Registration
- California License as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- AHA BLS provider card.
- I.V. Therapy certification.
- Blood Withdrawal certification.
- Must be able to meet the following:
- Physical Demands: Heavy physical demands.
- Frequent pulling, pushing and lifting of patients and equipment.
- Walking and standing most of the time on duty.
- Machines, Tools Equipment: Standard medical equipment and equipment used in specialty areas.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.