A Focus on Excellence
Understanding the critical importance of eye health, our optical team members provide patients with outstanding services and care.
Optometric AssistantLocation: Falls Church, VA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 847182 Date posted: 11/27/2019
- Greets patients, enters data into medical records, and escorts patients to examination room.
- Interviews each patient to obtain information about symptoms and documents information provided by patient in medical record.
- Performs initial tests for optometry patients using specialized equipment.
- Provides test results to provider and brings attention to abnormal results.
- Assists optometrist to conduct examinations as directed.
- Assists patients to understand spectacle and contact lens options following diagnosis by optometrist.
- Cleans and maintains specialized equipment and work areas.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
1) Required to float based on business needs
2) Must be able to pass a practical evaluation to show evidence of skills.
3) Must be able to work late days based on business need
4) Saturdays in Reston
- One (1) year experience doing patient work-up's to include visual acuities, manual and automated lensometry, auto-refraction, noncontact tonometry and knowledge of contact lenses including the teaching of insertion and removal classes or completion of interdepartmental training program emphasizing above skills developed by the Optometry department.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- One (1) of the following certifications: Contact Lens Dispenser (US-CLD), National Contact lens Examiners Certification, Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (US-COA, CPOA, CPOT), National Para-Optometric (US-CPO), Completion of any Optometric Assistant Program of studies, Completion of the Self-Study Paraoptometric Assistant Course, Ophthalmic Medical Assisting-Independent Study Course, or any comparable certification or Optometric or Ophthalmic course completion required or within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Successfully demonstrated proficiency on initial skills assessment during the interview process.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- BLS Certification preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Vision Services Careers
Our focus on total health extends to one of our most important senses: our sight. As a member of our vision services team, you'll contribute to our members' comprehensive eye care and individual style by supporting them with a variety of services, including optometry, ophthalmology, optical sales, laser vision correction, intraocular lens implantation, cataract surgery, and more. Working directly with members, you'll promote vision health and a positive outlook as you contribute to our collaborative team.
From providing great medical care from trusted Kaiser Permanente Ophthalmologists and Optometrists, to supporting that with a great selection of eyewear at our Optical Centers — often in the same convenient location — our Vision Essentials team makes sure our members feel, see, and look their best.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.