Pharmacy Technician OP
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under the direction of a licensed Pharmacist, may perform packaging, manipulative, repetitive, and other non-discretionary tasks, including removing drugs from stock; counting, pouring, or mixing pharmaceuticals; placing product into a container; affixing label(s) onto container; packaging and repackaging.
- Performs packaging, manipulative, repetitive, and other non-discretionary tasks.
- Removes drugs from stock.
- Counts, pours and mixes pharmaceuticals.
- Places products in container and affixes labels onto containers.
- Performs packaging and repackaging tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Pharmacy Technician License (California)
- Must be able to either type 30 WPM or 6,000 KPH.
- Requires successful completion of the Outpatient Pharmacy Technician qualifying exam.
- Candidate must complete the Kaiser Outpatient Pharmacy Technician Training Program and pass the test no later than 60 days after start date.
- Working knowledge of current drug forms, dosage strengths, and generic & trade name, and traditional equivalents.
- Knowledge of Federal & State laws/regulations regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Ability to read, understand and transcribe pharmaceutical information.
- Must possess verbal and written English-speaking communication skills.
- Ability to learn and operate pharmacy computer system and other equipment.
- Must be able to learn and operate pharmacy computer system and other equipment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time with frequent bending/stooping/lifting or reaching.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- 3 years experience preferred.