Associate Account Management IIFontana, California
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
More About Kaiser Permanente
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
We work as one — to the power of 276,000. Every single member of our team is essential to our success. Together, we help deliver a healthier tomorrow while focusing on the wellness of our patients and our communities.
Diversity & Inclusion
We value the collaboration among our teams and our communities. These connections make us stronger, and we cherish the differences that make us richer.
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Associate Account Management II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Track, monitor and ensure that contracts, pricing and membership accounting have accurate information and implement the negotiated terms of the final renewal with focus on business processes.
- Manage the process of resolving complicated and sensitive employer-initiated concerns in order to build purchaser loyalty and retain membership.
- Understand account strategy, goals, and financial position.
- Coordinate the flow of information in order to keep the process moving to meet strategic objectives.
- Through ongoing account contacts, identify situations that may signal opportunities for growth for KP and alert account manager.
- Identify and act on enrollment opportunities including: presentations; benefit fairs; health fairs; and Q & A sessions.
- Identify and report trends and/or systematic issues within a book-of-business as they become apparent and provide solutions and possible opportunities for growth.
- Identify knowledge network key resources and link capability to account strategy and service issues.
- Participate in Account Strategy sessions and work on targeted accounts in conjunction with the Account Manager.
- Act as the primary point of contact for group customer contacts as related to contracts, benefits, rates or renewal activities.
- Understand the customers business and business challenges. Know customers Human Resources and Benefits staff and how decisions get made.
- Create and increase credibility by demonstrating knowledge of each customers unique benefit package.
- Employ appropriate sales systems to accurately maintain account information.
- Ensure accurate enrollment process, payment arrangements and contract is understood, agreed to and met.
- Collect specific business information and competitive data required for account strategies by established deadlines.
- Ensure accurate and complete data is entered into correct business applications.
- Review data and alert account manager to outliers or potential problems.
- Ensure timely submission of reports as directed by the account manager.
- If Small Business Unit:
- Accountable for business processes and administrative requirements to support assigned accounts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with front line business owners in support of assigned Account Manager.
- Assist with in-field demonstrations and teachings to employers and brokers on KP online technology to facilitate maximization of all KP online tools.
- Explain and negotiate complex underwriting methodology with client and advisors.
- If Cross Regional/Multi-State:
- Collaborate in the coordination cross regional growth opportunities.
- Participate in interregional account teams to coordinate renewals and ensure creation of a single uniform presentation.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in sales, telemarketing, customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration or related degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Experience using customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to issues.
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrated record of meeting individual business objectives.
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Two (2) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration in healthcare or health insurance industry.
- Background experience in brokerage/consultant, insurance carrier, TPA, or benefits administration provides an advantage.
- One (1) year of experience with employee group benefits.
- One (1) year of experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Demonstrated understanding of current/future trends and changes in healthcare/health insurance laws/regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitors strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.