Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Audiologist CoordinatorLocation: Fontana, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 801454 Date posted: 06/11/2019
- These include Audiologist and departmental goal setting, audiology projects, literature, supplies and continuing education, peer review and productivity, quality of care and service.
- Responsible for the coordination of the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of Audiology and departmental policies, clinical practice agreements and quality assurance program.
- Ensures Audiologists' compliance with all licensure requirements.
- Oversees orientation and training for Audiologists.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules the office hours and leaves for Audiologists.
- Participates in the interviewing and selection process for all Audiologist candidates, as well as completion of performance assessments of current staff.
- Performs other administrative responsibilities such as collection and compilation of Audiology statistics, budget development and monitoring.
- An Audiology Coordinator also provides direct audiology care and services to members as listed below:
- Provides diagnostic evaluation of hearing, prevention, habilitation and rehabilitation services for auditory problems and research relating to hearing and attendant disorders.
- Physically and otoscopically examines the outer structures of the ear.
- Procedures may include evaluation, fitting and dispensing of hearing aids; cochlear implant assessment, programming and rehabilitation; and electrophysiologic evaluation of the vestibular and auditory mechanisms, in addition to electroacoustic measures of the peripheral and central auditory systems.
- Counsels individuals with auditory disorders, their families and other service providers regarding the etiology of the disorder and its management.
- Provides reports and coordinates audiological results with other diagnostic data such as educational, medical, social and behavioral information.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience within last three (3) years as an Audiologist required.
- Master's degree in audiology required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California State license in audiology required.
- California hearing aid dispenser's license may be required,
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required as of May 23, 2007.
- Proficient in diagnostic evaluation of hearing, prevention, habilitation and rehabilitation services for auditory problems,
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Leadership and supervisory experience preferred.
- Doctoral degree in Audiology preferred. (Au.D)
- Hours may be flexible
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.