Case Manager Utilization RN - Per Diem - Days
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Plans, develops, assesses and evaluates care provided to members.
- Collaborates with physicians, other members of the multidisciplinary health care team and patient/family in the development, implementation and documentation of appropriate, individualized plans of care to ensure continuity, quality and appropriate resource use.
- Recommends alternative levels of care and ensures compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Assesses high risk patients in need of post-hospital care planning.
- Develops and coordinates the implementation of a discharge plan to meet patient's identified needs; communicates the plan to physicians, patient, family/caregivers, staff and appropriate community agencies.
- Reviews, monitors, evaluates and coordinates the patient's hospital stay to assure that all appropriate and essential services are delivered timely and efficiently.
- Participates in the Bed Huddles and carries out recommendations congruent with the patient's needs.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary approach to providing continuity of care, including Utilization management, Transfer coordination, Discharge planning, and obtaining all authorizations/approvals as needed for outside services for patients/families.
- Conducts daily clinical reviews for utilization/quality management activities based on guidelines/standards for patients in a variety of settings, including outpatient, emergency room, inpatient and non-KFH facilities.
- Acts as a liaison between in-patient facility and referral facilities/agencies and provides case management to patients referred.
- Refers patients to community resources to meet post hospital needs.
- Coordinates transfer of patients to appropriate facilities; maintains and provides required documentation.
- Adheres to internal and external regulatory and accreditation requirements and compliance guidelines including but not limited to: TJC, DHS, HCFA, CMS, DMHC, NCQA and DOL.
- Educates members of the healthcare team concerning their roles and responsibilities in the discharge planning process and appropriate use of resources.
- Provides patients with education to assist with their discharge and help them cope with psychological problems related to acute and chronic illness.
- Per established protocols, reports any incidence of unusual occurrences related to quality, risk and/or patient safety which are identified during case review or other activities.
- Reviews, analyses and identifies utilization patterns and trends, problems or inappropriate utilization of resources and participates in the collection and analysis of data for special studies, projects, planning, or for routine utilization monitoring activities.
- Coordinates, participates and or facilitates care planning rounds and patient family conferences as needed.
- Participates in committees, teams or other work projects/duties as assigned.
• Two (2) years of clinical experience as an RN in an acute care setting required.
• Completion of an accredited RN training program that allows graduates to take RN license exam.
• Current California RN license required.
• AHA BLS.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize/apply the general and specialized principles, practices, techniques and methods of Utilization review / management, discharge planning or case management.
• Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (TJC, Medicare, Medi-Cal, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to utilize written and verbal communication, interpersonal, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability in planning, organizing, conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
• Computer literacy skills required.
• Bachelor's degree in nursing or health care related field preferred.