The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Certified Nurse MidwifeLocation: Fontana, CA Job Number: 701940 Date posted: 05/24/2018
- Under the supervision of an Ob-Gyn physician, manages the care of women during labor and delivery.
- Obtains an accurate medical, obstetrical, gynecological and psycho-social history of the present pregnancy.
- Observes signs of the member's general and obstetrical health status.
- Performs complete physical examinations including the pap smear, breast examination, abdominal examination, pelvic examination and clinical pelvimetry.
- Records all findings of examinations, histories and significant observations in the patient's chart.
- Determines pregnancy status during gestation, presentation and position of fetus and fetal heart rate.
- Determines whether all findings are within normal limits.
- Orders appropriate laboratory examinations such as chest X-ray, ultrasound, CBC, urinalysis, blood type and Rh factor, serology tests.
- Consults with and obtains orders from an obstetrician for any special care or diagnostic procedure and refers to other services as necessary.
- Institutes preventative measures and detects abnormal conditions, obtains consultation and assistance from physicians as needed.
- Teaches, counsels and guides individual members regarding their individual health care.
- Determines the need for social services, genetics or mental health services and refers as appropriate.
- Evaluates patient's general and obstetrical health status.
- Provides health supervision, care and family planning advice to women during antepartum and postpartum periods.
- Evaluates fetal status by performing such procedures as abdominal palpation and ultrasound examinations to estimate fetal weight, presentation and position, approximate station and fetal heart rate.
- Able to perform internal and external fetal monitoring and interpretation.
- Consults with obstetrician regarding questionable findings.
- Determines member's degree of labor and whether member is to be admitted to labor and delivery.
- Independently conducts normal spontaneous vaginal deliveries.
- First assists at Cesarean Sections and gynecological surgeries.
- Performs immediate care of the newborn.
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- Graduate of a nurse midwifery program accredited by the A.C.N.M. BS or BSN or BA required, MS Degree required in 2010.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN License.
- Current California Nurse Midwife Certificate.
- NRP Provider Card Required.
- Effective April 20, 2010 Maintains national certification from the American Midwifery Certification Board (ACMB) DEA Registration Number, if applicable California Furnishing Number BCLS (ACLS, PALS, if applicable) National Provider Number (NPI) and be an approved Medicare provider.
- If the department elects to hire a new grad CNM, the California Furnishing Number and, if applicable, DEA Registration Number must be obtained within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Three (3) years of recent experience as a CNM preferred.
- Covers both OB GYN clinic and Labor and Delivery.
- When working in the clinic the shift is 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
- L&D coverage can be 12 hour or 24 hour shifts based on department need.
- Clinic is located at Fontana.
- L&D coverage can be at Fontana or Ontario.
Primary Location: California,Fontana,Fontana Medical Offices 1 & 2 9961 Sierra Ave. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: Varies Working Hours End: Varies Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: KPMWON-CNM Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Nursing Licensed Specialty: Women's Health / L&D Department: OBGYN Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.