Home Health Aide
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Upholds KP's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws
- Assists patient w/ transfers, ambulation, exercises, & prescribed rehabilitation techniques
- Helps patient w/ bathroom or bedpan use
- Provides such incidental household or environmental services as are essential to the patient's health care at home
- This may include doing the patient's personal laundry, keeping bedroom & kitchen in order & reasonably clean (No general housecleaning)
- Prepares some meals or special diets & may prepare food for the patient's consumption between visits
- Enlists & coordinates assistance of friends or family members & encourages the patient to become increasingly self-reliant when possible
- Reports to supervisory RN all changes in the patient's condition or family situation
- Participates in team conferences
- Maintain records related to job responsibilities
- Other appropriate duties consistent w/ the individual's experience which, in the opinion of the physician & the Home Health Team, would improve the quality of patient care & Aide satisfaction
- These duties may include assistance w/ administration of medications ordinarily self administered that have been specifically ordered by the physician
- Would be limited to those medications & patients specifically delegated by the RN to the aide
- The Home Health Aide will not apply any topical medications without a physician's order & specific delegation by the RN to the Aide
- The Home Health Aide may carry out a digital rectal examination for the purpose of removing fecal impactions w/ an order from MD/RN
- Promotes, ensures, & improves customer service to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent w/ the organization's philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations & quality service
- Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed
• Two (2) years of experience as a Home Health Aide in Home Health Agency OR new graduate from a State Certified Home Health Aide Training Program with a minimum one (1) year of CNA experience
• California Home Health Aide Certification required
• Current valid California Drivers License (Class 3)
• Must attach a current CQA driver record information sheet, obtained within the last month
• During the two (2) year period immediately preceding the data of application, must have a driving record, which is free of incidents involving the applicant's negligence
• Also free of citations w/ forfeit for bail for driving while under the influence of drugs or reckless driving
• Driving record must not reflect more than two (2) moving violations during the same two (2) year period
• License & driving record will be verified