Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Inpatient Pharmacy DirectorLocation: Fontana, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 762975 Date posted: 01/07/2019
Under the general direction of the Pharmacy Leader, is responsible for the management of all aspects of Inpatient Pharmacy Services at one or multiple locations. Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations and standards regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services, Divisional Pharmacy objectives, policies, and procedures. Assists the Pharmacy Leader with the development and implementation of strategic initiatives. Performs other duties as required.
- Assists the Pharmacy Leader with the development and implementation of CA Division pharmacy strategic initiatives which are designed to enhance quality, improve member service and enhance cost effectiveness.
- Provides leadership and direction to pharmacy department supervision, lead personnel and staff including hiring, evaluating and coaching.
- Develops a team of professionals who plan and implement departmental goals and objectives.
- Administers all departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of capital and operating budgets.
- Ensures that the department(s) business plan integrates with the Service Area and CA Division Pharmacy Services Business Plan Accountable for department(s) fiscal outcomes.
- Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, Pharmacy Service Manager, and Pharmacy Leader to implement quality management programs.
- Accountable for location(s) pharmacy's quality, service and fiscal outcomes.
- Responsible for Inpatient Pharmacy activities, performance measurements, and regulatory compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations, standards, TJC, OSHA, Divisional & Departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepares and/or approves the bi-weekly payroll, and monitors personnel utilization in accordance with the operating budget or workload requirements.
- Responsible for personnel management activities (e.g. recruits, hires, trains and evaluates, and/or terminates subordinate exempt and hourly personnel.)
- May coordinate Inpatient Pharmacy Services and/or Home Infusion Pharmacy Services within a Service Area.
- Patient Safety: Accountable to promote an organizational culture of safety and ensure appropriate patient safety standards and guidelines are implemented consistently in the delivery of health care to our patients, including but not limited to: TJC, National Quality Forum, and Leapfrog. See Patient Safety Management Accountabilities Addendum for job specific accountabilities.
This is a repost of 693906.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory/management experience (in a comparable pharmaceutical setting)
- Degree in pharmacy.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure as a pharmacist in California.
- Demonstrated self-initiative and innovation , and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage professionals and others through influence and collaboration in single and/or multiple pharmacies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of applicable state and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge Inpatient pharmacy operations, including professional, legal, business and public relations aspects.
- Ability to lead and work as a member of a professional team.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Pharm.D (preferred) degree in Pharmacy.
- PR # TG-7458
- Must be willing to travel for training and meetings to Downey area.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.