LVN - Outpatient - Fontana Med Center - Internal Medicine-Reg Clinic (Bilingual) On-Call
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provides nursing care to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse, utilizes observational skills to assess nursing intervention and assists medical staff to insure optimal patient care within established policies, procedures and standards.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers; shows courtesy, compassion, and respect; conforms to the critical service standards established for the department and the medical group.
- Provides therapeutic patient care in accordance with the patients established by the physician and a registered nurse within scope of practice.
- Transcribes physicians orders as directed by policy.
- Communicates directly with registered nurse to institute changes in plan of care; assists with and contributes to development of nursing care.
- Give specified medication orally, hypodermically, intramuscularly and topically.
- Executes treatments such as urinary catheterizations, bladder irrigations and installations, suctioning procedures, throat irrigations and enemas and utilizing equipment as required.
- Performs related patient care functions such as taking temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure readings; applying and removing dressings; may instruct patient in various self-administered treatments or procedures; obtains specimens; assures correct culture collection.
- Assists physician or other medical staff personnel with examinations and treatments by selecting and passing instruments, providing support and restraint to patient, draping and other assistance as directed or required.
- Within scope, evaluates patients condition by observing signs, symptoms, and reactions to therapy, to identify unexpected and/or significant findings, initiates appropriate emergency procedures as necessary and reports unusual conditions to the registered nurse as established by policy and procedure in a timely manner; maintains intravenous flow rate, performs venipuncture and finger sticks to obtain blood samples, notifies R.N. of any problems and discontinues needles, except intra-cath and CVP lines.
- Identifies learning barriers.
- Documents patient signs, symptoms, observations and therapeutic treatments to patients medical record.
- Ensures cleanliness of nursing module, patient room, and environment and proper functioning of patient care equipment by visual inspection, routine testing, and other related methods.
- Provides a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and staff.
- Utilizes effective verbal and non-verbal forms of communication.
- Performs in other areas or units to which assigned as required by nursing administration to provide and maintain the established standards of care and safety.
- Participates in staff meetings and inservice programs.
- Assists in ordering and distribution of module supplies and equipment.
- Accepts verbal and telephone orders from physician.
- Administers pulse oximetry, humidification therapy, spirometer, oxygen therapy via mask or nasal cannula, oral, nasal and trach suctioning and sputum induction.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organizations philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations and quality service.
- Performs other related duties as required including checking in patients/members
- Age Related Competencies: Skills assessments and validations are utilized to ensure that employees providing patient care to specific age groups (i.e. infants, adolescents, elderly, etc.) are proficient in identifying the special needs and behaviors associated with a particular patient population.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Six (6) months recent medical office or acute care LVN experience.
- Vocational Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support
- Then if unable to fill: Current LVN license, BCLS Certification and successful completion of internal Kaiser New Graduate LVN program.
- Extraordinary customer relations and quality service are critical to our success.
- We seek candidates who can demonstrate these skills and are dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to our health plan members.
- • Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II required.
- I.V Certification Required.
Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.