Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Manager of Home Infusion Pharmacy ServicesLocation: Fontana, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 836794 Date posted: 10/08/2019
Manages and coordinates all aspects of the Home Health Pharmacy Services for the assigned Service Area. Researches, develops, and implements quality and integrated home health clinical pharmacy and distribution services provided by pharmacist specialists and support personnel for home health patients.
- Manages all services provided by the Home Health Pharmacy.
- Coordinates Home Health Pharmacy services with Inpatient clinical pharmacy services.
- Prepares annual budgets and manages the financial performance of the home health pharmacy.
- Researches, develops, implements quality of new, innovative, and appropriate clinical pharmacy services related to the care of Home Health patients.
- Assists in Service Area drug cost containment by assuring that all Pharmacists in the Home Health Service understand and contribute to the success of those results.
- Provides educational support to Home Health Nursing personnel in order to assure integration of pharmacy services with Home Health Nursing services.
- Functions as a preceptor for the Ambulatory Care Residency Home Health rotation, as well as ambulatory care clinical rotations for 4th year pharmacy school students.
- Provides and analyzes drug use data for Home Health patients upon request.
- Works with the Medical Group and/or Pharmacy Administration in research projects by collecting, organizing, analyzing and reporting results data, including publication of selected drug therapy experience in professional journals related to Home Health Pharmacy services.
- Completion of a one (1) year Pharmacy Residency OR one (1) year of directly related experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- California licensed pharmacist required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize/apply knowledge of drug information and clinical pharmacy practices.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in outpatient and inpatient pharmacy practices & methods.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use oral, written, communication and teaching skills.
- Knowledge in methods and processes of conducting research projects and writing research papers for publication.
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations, principles, standards and practices related to hospital, home health and pharmacy operation, as well as business and organized labor related personnel management.
- Competent in the operation of computer systems including In/Outpatient Pharmacy Systems, personal computer data analysis and word processing software.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Familiarity with KPMCP history, organizational structure, goals, objectives, strategy, standards, relationships and responsibilities, and policies preferred.
- Position requires occasional travel to other KPMCP & non-KPMCP locations for meetings, training, etc
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.