Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
MRI TechLocation: Fontana, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 738146 Date posted: 10/29/2018
- Performs MRI studies according to established imaging protocols, and consults with the radiologists, if needed for alternative imaging sequences.
- Ensures patient and staff safety which includes explaining safety protocol, requesting removal of hazardous metal objects, and, alerting staff of the danger of carrying metal near magnet.
- Performs all routine aspects of MRI procedures, including but not limited to
- QC, start-up procedures, and image processing.
- Interviews patients to obtain information that would manifest patient safety concerns.
- Uses appropriate coils and sequences for desired examination or procedure.
- Follows established departmental guidelines for administration of intravenous (I.V) contrast.
- Reviews images to ensure diagnostic quality.
- Process and archive images to the PACS.
- Complete required information in the RIS system.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group served.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such differences.
- Utilizes proper Body Mechanics.
- Documents clinical activities and required image information in a timely, comprehensive, and accurate manner.
- Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area and Diagnostic Imaging Department policies and procedures.
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to enhance quality of service.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior in all interactions with patients and staff.
- Maintains equipment, supplies and work area in accordance with department guidelines.
- May perform other duties as required and assigned.
- May substitute three (3) year MRI experience with successful completion of the department's formal MRI training program.
License, Certfication, Registration
- Fluoroscopy Permit issued by the State of California Department of Public Health.
- Valid Certificate of Completion in Intravenous Administration of Contrast Materials as stipulated in the California H&S Code.
- Registration as a Registered Radiologic Technologist (Radiography) issued by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R).
- Approved BLS, health care provider level.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to utilize theories, principles, practices and techniques of MR Technology.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to members, customers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Advance certificate in MR (ARRT) preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.