Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Polysomnographer Technologist IILocation: Fontana, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 836126 Date posted: 02/14/2020
Under the general supervision of the clinical director & department Mrgs participates in the sleep center's daily functions & equipment needs, including material management & equipment procurement. Has advance knowledge & ability to perform comprehensive polysomnographic testing, analysis & recognizes the need for associated interventions. Provides clinical patient care & education to facilitate diagnosis of sleep disorders. Coordinates necessary preventive maintenance & repairs of all sleep equipment. Demonstrates performance consistent w/ the Medical Center Vision, Mission, & strategic plan of the organization. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality & effectiveness in work habits & clinical practice; treats co-workers, patients, families, & all members of the health care team w/ dignity & respect.
- Performs & orients techs in polysomnographic data acquisition while monitoring study tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact free & makes adjustments as needed.
- Implements & orients techs in appropriate therapeutic interventions for patient's safety to optimize patient health w/in scope of practice.
- Scores & trains technologist in the sleep/wake stages by applying professional accepted guidelines. Orients tech in scoring clinical events. Scores sleep studies for all age groups.
- Generates accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake & clinical event data.
- Performs the quarterly QA scoring reliability of scorers & sleep technologist.
- Performs polysomnographic studies to include MSLTs, MWTs, PAP, & parasomnia & oxygen titration per scope of practice.
- Prepares & tracks departmental statistical info for quality improvement initiatives.
- Facilitates &/or performs patient follow up for CPAP compliance.
- Assist in resolving patient issues - complaints, related problems in a timely manner.
- Integrates srvs/operations by communicating to department Mrgs & Clinical Dir of performance outcome measures of all staff.
- Provides staff feedback on study performance, staging, scoring, & treatment modalities.
- Responds to study participant's procedural-related inquiries by providing appropriate info w/in scope of practice.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze complex situations & apply policy.
- Collects, analyzes, & integrates patient info in order to identify & meet the patient specific needs.
- Completes & verifies documentation.
- Is able to expertly perform all aspects of polysomnographic scoring & screening & must have knowledge of all polysomnographic modalities.
- Performs routine equipment care, maintenance, repairs, & inventory evaluation.
- Evaluates & maintains sleep study related equipment & inventory.
- Demonstrates the knowledge & skills necessary to recognize & provide age specific care.
- Utilizes effective communication & interpersonal relationship skills when interacting w/ other members of the health care team or patients. Displays tact & courteous behavior when working w/ staff & patients.
- Actively participates in educational programs & staff meetings that are scheduled by department.
- Must complete annual competencies, as well as help validate staff competencies.
- Promotes, ensures, & improves customer srv to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent w/ the organization's philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations & quality srv.
- Complies w/ applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, & standards including but not limited to safety & infection control issues.
- Upholds KP's policies & procedures, Principles of Responsibilities & applicable state, federal, & local laws. Complies w/ the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologist's (BPRT) Standards of Conduct. MRGS EXPECTATIONS: Extraordinary customer relations & quality srv are critical to our success. We seek candidates who can demonstrate these skills & are dedicated to providing the highest quality of srv to our health plan members.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in Polysomnography.
- Minimum two (2) years of recent scoring experience.
- Successful completion of an accredited associate's science degree in Polysomnography or Respiratory Care.
- Required to maintain Ten continuing educational hours per year in sleep related topics.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) or Sleep Disordered Specialist (SDS) by the NBRC if a RCP
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card from the American Heart Association
- Current registration as a Polysomnographic Technologist with the California Medical Board if applicable.
- Or Current California license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Travel to High Desert Sleep Clinic
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.