The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Clinical Nurse, Pediatrics - Fredericksburg Medical OfficesLocation: Fredericksburg, VA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 724134 Date posted: 08/28/2018
- Administers all oral and injecting medications in the assigned clinical area. Ensures narcotics and drug supplies are available in the assigned clinical area and assures the proper security of all narcotics and controlled substances according to KP standards and applicable regulatory laws. Initiates and monitors IV therapy to therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Provides ongoing assurance of functional emergency equipment and adequate emergency drug supplies. Responds to emergency situations throughout medical facility. Documents emergency situation to supervisor.
- Coordinates, implements, and evaluates patient teaching plans for areas of diabetes mellitus, hypertension, anticoagulant therapy, therapeutic diet instruction, weight control, and other areas as designated.
- Sets-up, performs, and/or assists with procedures as appropriate.
- Coordinates recovery care of patients post sedation. Ensures safety measures are instituted for all compromised patients receiving care.
- Triages walk-in patients as needed or assigned.
- Supervises patient flow and directs other clinical support staff in the delivery of patient care within the Health Care Team (HCT).
- Acts as a resource person to LPNs and Clinic Assistants.
- Acts as patient advocate and resolves problem within HCT. Brings unresolved issues to Clinical Coordinator's attention if unresolved within the team.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Pediatric nurse with ambulatory care experience and bilingual preferred.
- At least one (1) year of current experience HMO or ambulatory setting is required.
- Experience in IV Therapy is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current RN license in appropriate jurisdiction is required.
- Current BLS certification is required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Passed a standard medication test is required.
- BSN is preferred.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.