Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Psychiatric Social Worker (LCSW)-InpatientLocation: Fremont, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 753799 Date posted: 12/13/2018
- Consults with staff regarding diagnosis, strengths and deficits of member, as needed or appropriate.
- Provides outpatient psychotherapy to individuals and groups.
- Charts member's treatments and progress in accordance with state regulations and department procedures.
- Instructs and counsels members regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.
- Interprets psychiatric treatment to member's family and helps to reduce fear and other attitudes obstructing acceptance of psychiatric care and continuation of treatment if asked to do so by member.
- Makes referrals to case manager, as appropriate, and/or refers member's family to community support services and resources.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of members.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating members for psychotropic medications.
- May supervise PSW Assistants and PSW Interns, if supervision course has been completed.
- Works on-call evenings, weekends & holidays, assuming primary responsibility for emergency psychiatric care and acting as consultant to emergency department physicians and staff.
- Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies.
- May supervise PSW Assistants and PSW Interns if supervision course completed.
- Experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad range of psychiatric conditions.
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis intervention, individual, group psychotherapy and inpatient group treatment.
- Masters degree in Social Work required from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Licensed Clinical Social Worker license in the State of California.
- Must be familiar with DMS-IV-R as a means of diagnosis.
- Knowledge state and local regulations, professional board standards as is related to client treatment, patient rights, and client/patient confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente's code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures. Kaiser Permanente is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.