Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Radiologic Technologist IV - Grade 817 (IR)Location: Fremont, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 718525 Date posted: 08/08/2018
- Performs specialized and routine diagnostic radiology procedures.
- Exhibiting a high degree of tact, courtesy, and poise, explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Prepares and positions patient for diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician.
- Determines exposure factors based on height, weight, portion of body involved, and degree on penetration required.
- Moves imaging equipment into specified position.
- Adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density, and accuracy.
- Operates mobile radiologic equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient's bedside.
- Assists radiologists and other qualified physicians who have a valid CA DHS RHB Supervisor Operator Permit for Fluoroscopy in fluoroscopic and special x-ray examinations.
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician.
- Processes images and reviews for proper identification and quality control.
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
- Orients new hires and trains students.
- Fills in as necessary in the absence of the Supervising Radiology Technologist.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Two (2) years of experience in a Specialty (IR) OR one (1) year of experience in a (IR) Specialty with an American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification in that Specialty.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- California Certified Radiologic Technologist License (CRT).
- California State Fluoroscopy Permit.
- California Venipuncture Certificate **.
- California Mammography Certificate, when required for the position.
- ACLS, when required for the position.
- BLS certification required.
- Ability to perform all general diagnostic and routine fluoroscopic duties on patients of all ages as determined by the employer.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals and groups with varying knowledge of Radiology services.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Radiologic Technologist Career Ladder Agreement
- ** Radiologic Technologists without Venipuncture Certification - Working in a Modality where Venipuncture is NOT performed.
- Radiologic Technologists working on or before October 2005 at Kaiser Permanente WITHOUT California Venipuncture Certification in a Modality where it is NOT performed as part of their work assignment will not be required to obtain it. For promotions, transfers or training in a Specialty that requires Venipuncture, the Technologist must obtain CA Venipuncture certification on or before the date of application. The employer will provide the Technologist with education opportunities in order to pass the California permit test at the Technologist's request.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.