Senior Network Engineer
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for providing consultation and technical advice on IT infrastructure for assigned systems, assisting in setting the technical direction for infrastructure solutions, and for serving as a technical expert for project teams.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating and assigning resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks, as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others and managers; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure, multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise, cloud-based solutions.
- Supports the review of team deliverables.
- Provides some recommendations and input on options, risks, costs, and benefits for systems designs.
- Collaborates with team members to develop project support plans, schedules, and assignments.
- Translates business and functional requirements into technical specifications that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications.
- Serves as a liaison with business partners, Solutions, and enterprise architects to define and understand target strategies.
- Collaborates with counterparts in various IT Teams (e.g., database, operations, technical support) throughout system development and implementation.
- Develops and modifies solutions by identifying technical solutions to business problems.
- Provides consultation and technical advice on IT infrastructure planning, engineering, and architecture for assigned systems by assessing the implications of IT strategies on infrastructure capabilities.
- Reviews and makes changes to technical specifications and documentation.
- Collaborates with IT teams and key business partners to troubleshoot complex systems and provides solutions, as appropriate.
- Evaluates existing systems to make recommendations on resources required to maintain service levels.
- Evaluates new service options, identifies issues and impacts, and provides recommendations on feasibility and ROI.
- Collaborates with architects and software engineers to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable designs.
- Verifies system designs adhere to company architecture standards.
- Drives physical architecture design for new initiatives.
- Leads the implementation of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by developing and documenting detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services.
- Minimum one (1) year in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and Minimum six (6) years experience in an IT operations environment with technical experience in distributed technologies, systems development, and/or networking. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Three (3) years experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment.
- Two (2) years experience working with IT vendors.
- Two (2) years of experience working with advanced features of network diagnostic and management tools.
- Four (4) years experience gathering and translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
Greenwood Plaza IT, 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Greenwood Village,Colorado, 80111 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: IT ENG Infrastructure Department: KPIT ADMIN - ITO WT NS PLANNING - 9601 Pay Range (Colorado Only): $48.46/hour - $56.97/hour Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.