Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This position is responsible for supporting and coordinating the administrative activities of the nursing unit. May be assigned to cover multiple units.
- Processes transfers and discharges using the Admit-Discharge-Transfer (ADT) system in the electronic medical record.
- Answers and appropriately routes internal and external telephone calls.
- Orders materials and supplies for the unit, and collects equipment and medication from the dumb waiter system.
- Answers call system from nurses station; follows up with patient and/or family as appropriate.
- Makes follow-up appointments for patients as necessary.
- In conjunction with Discharge Coordinator, organizes transfers to skilled nursing facilities, including printing relevant sections of the patient chart.
- Prepares discharge packets and other documents for patients (including maternal/baby).
- Maintains the units business equipment, including maintaining appropriately charged wireless carts.
- Arranges for special maintenance or repair of the units business equipment.
- Updates the units white board (this function may be eliminated).
- Maintains the Minimum Record.
- Assists unit personnel in the use of the electronic medical record and other systems; may act as the unit resource for computer-related issues.
- Acts as greeter for the unit, greeting new patients and their families.
- Coordinates discharge times, contacts family members with discharge information, and otherwise facilitates a timely discharge when the patient is ready.
- Initiates units downtime procedures when necessary.
- Communicates with other units/departments.
- May support Environmental Services in the data entry into the ADT system the status of clean and dirty beds.
- May help to facilitate co-pay collections by communicating with the Admitting office when family members are present on the unit, relaying information to Admitting or to the patient/family, etc.
- Assists with other unit duties such as collecting meal trays, taking STAT specimens to the lab, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Medical Terminology Certification
- Working knowledge of PCs and the ability to navigate in a Windows environment utilizing a mouse.
- Basic knowledge of office equipment (fax machine, copy machine, scanner).
- Typing 25 wpm.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and medical record documents in English.
- Ability to write simple correspondence using email.
- Working knowledge of computer applications to include Windows 95/97, 2000 or Windows NT is required.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.