Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Area Director Imaging ServicesLocation: Fresno, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 879750 Date posted: 03/27/2020
In conjunction with the Chief(s) of Diagnostic Imaging, responsible for the operational, service and fiscal management of Diagnostic Imaging Services across the medical center or Service Area (typically multiple inpatient settings and/or large tertiary setting, and one or more outpatient settings). Develops a strategic approach to achieve an integrated service line for diagnostic imaging across multiple sites Directs the operations of full service, high volume, multiple imaging sites (inpatient and outpatient, 7 days, 24 hours) which generally includes Radiology, MRI, CT, I/R, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Mammography, Cardiac Cath Labs and Imaging Files.
- In conjunction with the Chief(s), directs the operations of diagnostic imaging to meet the clinical needs of physicians, staff and members across the service line; develops and administers imaging standards and protocols for the delivery of medical imaging services in keeping with service, value, quality, and access goals of the organization.
- Oversees all administrative, technical and clerical operations of the Imaging Services to ensure quality, access and budget goals are achieved.
- Coordinates the operations of department across multiple sites by maintaining appropriate staffing levels, developing/monitoring performance improvement, safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- Develops the strategic planning of major facilities construction/renovation projects to ensure the safe and effective placement of imaging equipment and efficiency of operations. Ensures imaging service levels are maintained during periods of construction and transition.
- Oversees fiscal management of the department, including forecasting and monitoring of operating performance. Identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of service.
- Directs the management of human resources, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues. Accountable for the on-going training and development of technical and administrative imaging staff.
- Recommends the acquisition and implementation of new technology based on knowledge of developments in diagnostic imaging technology.
- Accountable for adherence to state and federal rules and regulations on safety and quality assurance programs. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission, MQSA, federal, state and local agencies.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience in a full service imaging department required.
- Bachelor's degree in health care, business OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Previous accomplishments in health care leadership.
- Demonstrated achievements in management and staff development.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills and a track record of previous administrative project initiatives.
- Demonstrated labor relations and human relations skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal state and local regulatory standards required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Certification as CRT, CNMT, or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) preferred.
- Master's degree preferred
- Strong managerial experience in Imaging to include experience with vendors and all Imaging equipment.
- Ability to manager large expansion projects.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.