Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Cytotechnologist II - Grade 845Location: Fresno, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 810623 Date posted: 07/23/2019
- Prepares microscopic slides from specimens of blood, scrapings, or other body fluids, including Fine Needle Aspirations.
- Prepares and stains slide to preserve specimen and enhance visibility of cells under microscope.
- Examines slide under microscope to identify abnormalities in cell structure.
- Reports Negative Pap smears evaluations as Final Diagnosis. Reports abnormal Pap smear results to Pathologist as preliminary findings.
- Reports preliminary findings for all Non-GYN cytology results to Pathologist.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 18 months experience as a Cytotechnologist I plus the demonstrated ability to perform, under minimal supervision, all cytology procedures including staining and screening, in accordance with specifications set by the department head.
- Bachelor-s Degree in science or related fields, or graduated from a committee on allied health education and accreditation (CAHEA) accredited school of cytotechnology or other organization approved by health and human services (HHS); or
- Certified in cytotechnology by a certification agency approved by HHS; (e.g., American Society of Clinical Pathologists);
- before September 1, 1992, have successfully completed 2 years in an accredited institution (12 hours in science, 8 of which are in biology) and have 12 months training in an approved school of cytotechnology; or have received 6 months formal training in an approved school and 6 months full-time experience, or
- before September 1, 1992, have achieved a satisfactory grade in an HHS proficiency test for cytotechnologists;
- before September 1, 1994, have 2 years full-time experience or equivalent within the preceding 5 years examining slides under the supervision of a physician certified in pathology and before January 1, 1969, be a high school graduate with 6 months cytotechnology training in a laboratory directed by a physician and completed 2 years full-time supervised experience in cytotechnology before 1/1/69; or
- On or before September 1, 1994, have 2 years full-time experience or equivalent within preceding 5 years in the U.S. and on or before September 1, 1995, have either graduated from a CAHEA-approved school or be certified as a cytotechnologist.
- Valid/Current California Cytologist license required
- Ability to accurately describe cytologic conditions and provide appropriate differential diagnoses in writing.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.