Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Pharmacy Services SupervisorLocation: Fresno, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 858971 Date posted: 02/01/2020
- Monitor and maintain pharmacy workflows to ensure service delivery within expected parameters of satisfaction, quality and compliance. Depending on the operational setting (outpatient or inpatient), customers served can include members, patients, physicians, nurses and ancillary departments. Oversee and direct the work of subordinate employees according to departmental policies, procedures and standards. Subordinates include pharmacy technicians, pharmacy clerks and identified administrative staff. Maintain and adjust work schedules. Understand and apply relevant provisions of the UHW and Local 29 Collective Bargaining Agreements. Identify and resolve problems and complaints from members, patients, client departments, and/or customers. Develop and implement solutions using sound problem-solving and decision-making methods.
- Respond to immediate service interruptions and/or concerns to ensure satisfactory service recovery. Identify service concern trends and develops corrective plans of action. Serve as liaison between pharmacy and other departments on operational and service matters. Maintain and adjust resources to meet operational needs, within budget allocation Perform, direct and supervise ongoing training of staff including assessment of training needs and /or deficiencies relative to policy, best practices and/or established standards. Serve as train-the-trainer for the department. Reinforce, and hold direct reports accountable to Service Expectations, including Standards of Expected Behavior. Promote a team environment through modeling of collaborative behaviors; hold direct reports accountable to team oriented behaviors and ensure any necessary team building training is completed.
- Ensure compliance with organizational, departmental, Joint Commission, CMS, SOX, State Board of Pharmacy and other governing laws, regulations, standards, and policies and procedures, including the Principles of Responsibility.
- Ensure effective utilization of pharmaceutical inventory and maintenance of required record keeping. Oversee cash control process according to policies and procedures, including ordering money for cash drawers and management of over/short process. Advise supervisors of identified discrepancies and make recommendations to resolve issues. Assist the pharmacist manager with the development of departmental goals for Service, Quality, Finance, People and Compliance Utilize tools and reports to formulate departmental goals, develop operational plans, educate staff and monitor performance.
- Actively participate in local and regional manager Peer Group meetings to learn and share best practices relative to goal attainment. Interview applicants and hire employees into Technician, Clerk and Cashier positions and provide department orientation for new hires. Provide coaching and counseling to direct reports.
- In conjunction with pharmacist manager, prepare and administer performance evaluations (30/60/90 day and annual); administer formal discipline; respond to union (UHW and Local 29) grievances. Conduct monthly/quarterly attendance reviews. Conduct quarterly reviews on over/short reports. Perform TIME keeping functions. Facilitate at department staff meetings including assisting pharmacy manager with agenda planning. Analyze individual and team performance and develop operational/correction plans.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience supervising non-exempt staff across various job classifications, including technical and union
employees OR at least two (2) years of experience leading or directing others in a health care environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration and/or healthcare services, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrate skills and ability to directly supervise front-line employees in a complex and high volume pharmacy environment.
- Ability to assess operational workflow and make adjustments using sound decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of procedures and laws/regulations in pharmacy settings.
- Working knowledge of budget development and management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and/or software applications, including the PIMS system and Health Connect systems.
- Completion of all KP Pharmacy required management training programs.
- Must complete all KP required training for managing in a union environment.
- Ability to manage in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Pharmacy experience preferred.
- Experience in developing and conducting training programs for staff.
- Pharmacy Technician certification preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.