Stationary Engineer (90 days temp role)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Under general supervision, performs tasks in support of physical plant equipment/systems and operations, including life support and life safety equipment.
- Three (3) years of related experience and/or training.
- Journeyman level field service experience in industrial electrical and/or refrigeration.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Valid California Driver's License.
- CFC certificate required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of medical gas distribution and alarm systems, water treatment, steam systems, refrigeration, compressors, pumps, electric motors, and variable frequency drives.
- Understanding of preventive maintenance and work order system, preferably MP2.
- Competency to operate microprocessor based devices.
- Capable of performing maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of HVAC equipment (including chillers and boilers), electrical distribution, and operating room equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Engineering background in acute care hospital preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.