Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Audiologist, ClinicalLocation: Gaithersburg, MD Additional Locations:
Job Number: 839922 Date posted: 11/05/2019
- Evaluates patient's audiologic function, interprets findings, and reviews test results with patient or responsible adult.
- Documents patient's case history, test results and recommendations for follow up in the medical record and reports results and recommendations to referring physician and/or primary care physician.
- Counsels patients about treatment options for hearing loss and refers patients to ear, nose and throat department for consultation when appropriate.
- Counsels patients about management of chronic tinnitus.
- Educates patients about hearing conservation.
- Evaluates patient's vestibular function when referred for dizziness, vertigo, or imbalance.
- Performs canalith repositioning maneuvers for patients with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) and counsels' patients about vestibular rehabilitation exercises when appropriate.
- Performs and interprets electro physiologic and special tests of the peripheral and central auditory system.
- Evaluates hearing status of infants and young children with an appropriate comprehensive battery of tests.
- Counsels patients regarding hearing aid device options.
- Evaluates patient's hearing aids when appropriate and enters referrals for hearing aids for members with a hearing aid benefit.
- Additional specialized duties performed to include: Programming and fitting implantable devices such as cochlear implants, bone anchored hearing aids (BAHAS) and similar devices AND/OR Fitting, programming, and troubleshooting hearing aids and assistive listening devices, including electroacoustic analysis and real-ear measures AND/OR Advanced vestibular assessment such as rotary chair, vestibular evoked myogenic potential VEMPS, posturography or video head impulse testing (vHIT).
- Performs other related duties as directed.Performs other related duties as directed.
Oncall audiologist needed for DCSM surgical specialty . Audiologist will travel to cover multiple locations in DCSM . Dual license for DC and MD needed. Must be willing to travel to largo and cap H
- One (1) year of experience in vestibular testing (videonystagmography (VNG) orelectronystagmography (ENG)) required.
- One (1) year of experience in behavioral pediatric assessment (infants and toddlers) required.
- One (1) year of experience in Auditory Evoked Potential testing (all ages) required.
- Current employees: Master's degree AND a minimum five (4) years of experience in audiology required - OR - an Au.D AND a minimum two (2) years of experience in audiology required.
- New hires: Au.D AND a minimum of two years of experience in audiology required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Maryland Audiology license required.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Submission of PECOS enrollment paperwork required within thirty (30) days.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.