Occupational Therapist III
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Provides direct and consultative member care through a variety of modalities, including in-person, telephonic, and/or video-based services.
- Provides consultation and mentoring to the occupational therapy staff in general practice and their specific area of specialization.
- Provides education to occupational therapists through formal and informal education in their specific specialty both locally and regionally.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new clinical practice models for the delivery of care to members.
- For their area of specialty, acts as a consultant to staff members for the management of member s and is a resource for on-going, professional development of the staff in their specialty.
- Assesses staff competencies, clinical judgment, education, and training needs in their specialty.
- Provide leadership to the department, supervise COTAs, students, and support staff to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of Occupational Therapy.
- Provides clinical direction to staff in role as senior staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the management of high volume of patients, including those with complex problems or special needs in their area of specialty.
- Aids the Lead Therapist/Rehabilitation Manager as needed and covers for the Lead Therapists/Rehabilitation Manager when those individuals are unavailable.
- Provides coverage as needed in other facilities within the region if appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years of full-time practice experience in the area of specialty practice required.
- Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy curriculum with a bachelors or masters or doctoral degree with certification in occupational therapy or foreign-trained equivalent required.
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Occupational Therapist License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire
- Occupational Therapist License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire
- Occupational Therapist License (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire
- National Provider Identifier
- PECOS Enrollment within 1 months of hire
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Foreign trained therapists must meet the education requirements for licensure in all states in which they will potentially practice.
- Completion of a post graduate degree from an accredited university with a specialty focus such as an advanced practice masters or doctoral degree relevant to occupational therapy. Entry-level or transition degrees are not acceptable.
- OR Completion of a fellowship such as the AOTA Fellowship Program (formerly known as the AOTA Residency Program)
- OR attainment of a well-recognized, intensive certification in a specialty area such as Certified Hand Therapist, AOTA Board Certification, Certified Driver Rehabilitation Specialist, Seating and Mobility Specialist, Assistive Technology Practitioner, or another rigorous program.
- OR has obtained a certificate from an accredited body or organization in a subject matter that is pertinent to our member population and is clinically based.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and problem-solving abilities in the clinic and to our members.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the criteria for professional practice.
- Successfully able to perform all core physical therapy competencies.
- Demonstrates leadership in project management, teaching, clinical instructor for students, committee membership.
- Evidence of involvement in staff development and mentoring.