Optometrist Medical Group- Gaithersburg ($10,000 Signing Bonus)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
To examine patients having full range of visual problems, diagnose visual diseases, disorders, and deficiencies, and prescribe treatment as licensed and credited. To refer patients to other appropriate Kaiser Permanente providers as needed for further evaluation and treatment.
- Examines patients having a full range of visual problems by using a full field of optometry instruments and techniques.
- Diagnoses visual diseases, disorders, and deficiencies and prescribes treatment according to the laws of the State of Maryland, District, or Commonwealth.
- Prescribes and fits contact lenses.
- Determines visual requirements of the partially sighted. Prescribes low-vision aids such as telescopic and microscopic lenses, magnifiers, and other optical devices to aid low-vision patients.
- In the state or jurisdiction in which licensed or under the standing orders of a physician, uses diagnostic pharmaceutical agents to detect and diagnose ocular pathology. Uses examination techniques to determine ocular signs of systemic diseases and medications.
- Refers patients to other appropriate Kaiser Permanente providers as needed for further evaluation and treatment.
- Participates in departmental and educational meetings including peer review activities within the department and medical facility.
- Consults regularly with internal medicine, pediatrics, and ophthalmology on patient care issues.
- Assists in implementing eye care in-service education programs for medical center staff and at patient education seminars.
- Under the standing orders of a physician and in co-management with an ophthalmologist, evaluates and manages stated anterior segment disorders.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience or successful completion of accredited optometry residency program.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Optometry required.
- Licensed Optometrist (in location where applicable)
- National Provider Identifier
- Enrollment in PECOS within 90 days of hire date required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an interdisciplinary health care environment preferred or successful completion of accredited residency program.
- Accredited residency in Optometry preferred.