Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Project Manager IILocation: Granada Hills, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 835022 Date posted: 10/18/2019
- Leads and provides expert technical leadership to highly visible, sensitive and multi-faceted projects.
- Sets strategic direction of projects.
- Develops project plans which identify key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics and resources required.
- Designs processes to address identified problems.
- Establishes team membership and negotiates time commitments and resource allocation.
- Provides staff leadership to multi-disciplinary teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants.
- Motivates team members and facilitates team meetings.
- Acts as liaison, problem solver, and facilitator.
- Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors.
- Provides guidance to team on performance and productivity issues.
- Designs research plans for data gathering and analysis.
- Actively participates or may lead in analyzing data and developing recommendations and action plans.
- Accountable for the development of project documentation for senior executives and other key clients to facilitate sharing of project outcomes and best practices.
- Plans and facilitates meetings.
- Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences.
- Establishes procedures regarding implementation of project outcome.
- Assesses project impact on workforce.
- May include developing training program for different levels of audiences.
- Establishes effective professional business relationships with all levels of management.
- Instructs and educates on all aspects of project.
- May develop and manage a department, including recruiting, coaching, performance evaluation of staff.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to re-evaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in specified technical area OR one (1) year of progressive experience in specified technical area and completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration, operations research, public health administration, or other related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Effective leadership, project management, and consulting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Project management experience in health care preferred.
- Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Clinical licenses (RN, MD, etc.) strongly preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.