Putting Integrity Into Practice
Promoting honesty and integrity across our daily actions and interactions, our compliance, privacy, and regulatory professionals provide the guidance and resources to uphold the highest ethical standards.
Compliance Consultant LeadLocation: Greenwood Village, CO Additional Locations:
2101 Webster 2101 Webster St., 2101 Webster St., Oakland,California, 94612
Pleasanton Tech Cntr Building C 4480 Hacienda Dr., 4480 Hacienda Dr. Bldg. C, Pleasanton,California, 94588
5800 Meadows 5800 SW Meadows Rd., 5800 SW Meadows Rd., Lake Oswego,Oregon, 97035
Corona Data Center 1850 California Ave., 1850 California Ave., Corona,California, 92881
Nicolai Service Center 2850 NW Nicolai Ave., 2850 NW Nicolai Ave., Portland,Oregon, 97210
West Annex - Parsons 74 N. Pasadena Ave., 74 N. Pasadena Ave., Pasadena,California, 91103
Pershing Point Plaza IT, 1375 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta,Georgia, 30309 Job Number: 836796 Date posted: 10/23/2019
Researches, plans, implements, and monitors a broad portfolio of compliance systems and initiatives to enable organizational compliance with all applicable Federal, state, and local regulations/laws, as well as overseeing the protection of organizational assets. On an on-going basis, researches and interprets regulations and laws to establish compliance standards, and may develop and/or deliver training and communications/change management relative to new standards. Assesses organizational systems (both physical and process or data related) to determine gaps in compliance and determine opportunities for remediation and planned sustainment. Advises the organization on all compliance matters. May investigate violations of compliance policy, laws, regulations, etc. or conduct on-going monitoring and reporting to ensure remediation. May be responsible for project management relative to new compliance initiatives, products, or annual processes. Manage and/or facilitate internal or external audits. May conduct assessments and report on control efficacy, suggest/implement treatment and remediation approaches as well as suggest compensating approaches.
Day to day tasks include managing complex, multi-year technology projects, designing controls to meet KP-s ITGC framework, shifting control design from detect to prevent mode, focus on automating SOX controls, information gathering, dashboard reporting and executive communication, issue escalation and resolution, issues and recommendations in support of our strategies. Other tasks may include overseeing work performed by other team members, including working proactively with project teams, project and program managers to detect and resolve issues.
- Manages, creates, and maintains client relationships.
- In adherence with the KP Compliance Framework, fosters comprehensive compliance management through a series of activities to comply with all applicable regulations and statutes.
- Planning:identifying and may lead the identification of compliance accountabilities; identifying and may lead the identification of internal and external resources; developing and/or overseeing the development of Compliance, Work, and Audit plans; participating on and may establish compliance-related committees/work groups; and managing external agency relations;
- Implementing:identifying compliance requirements and conducting related analyses; creating or revising compliance standards, policies, and procedures; developing and/or conducting compliance and ethics training; monitoring compliance adherence; and reporting on compliance efforts and programs;
- Validating/Sustaining: reviewing compliance programs and content, including designing and conducting risk assessments and/or audits, and investigating instances of reported non-compliance.
- Researches and stays abreast of regulations and statutes.
- Determines impacts of implementation of new regulations and statutes and required notifications, changes, and training.
- Communicates required changes, develops tools to assess risks, and leverages existing workgroups/etc. to facilitate required changes.
- Document and maintain process narratives.
- Minimum eight (8) years of heath care compliance, health care operations (quality, risk, etc.), audit, finance, project management, regulatory or public policy development, investigations, information security, or insurance/health plan governance experience.
- Bachelor's or clinical degree, or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- CISA, CIA or CPA preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of health care compliance policies, practices and systems.
- Contributes to the development of compliance principles, theories, and concepts.
- Broad knowledge of health care industry practices and standards.
- Ability to draft and revise documents including policies, standards, analyses, and reports.
- Project management skills.
- Heath care compliance, health care operations (quality, risk, etc.), audit, finance, project management, regulatory or public policy development, investigations, information security, or insurance/health plan governance experience.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Compliance, Privacy & Regulatory Careers
Compliance, Privacy & Regulatory Careers
We've established a comprehensive, world-class compliance, privacy, and regulatory program, giving you the chance to make a difference in the lives of millions. As a member of this team, you'll engage with internal stakeholders to foster an environment of safety and trust for our members, physicians, and employees alike.
Helping to establish and maintain an effective compliance program, you'll ensure that we operate according to the highest ethical standards and follow all applicable laws, standards, policies, and procedures. Everything we do — from developing policies and training to protecting privacy and security — reinforces our commitment to our members, regulators, and the communities we serve.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.