Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Financial AnalystLocation: Greenwood Village, CO Additional Locations:
Job Number: 862009 Date posted: 02/10/2020
- Prepares more complex financial trend and data analysis reports.
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data.
- Performs financial analysis upon identification of variances and prepares summary of key findings.
- Responsible for more complex departments/functions.
- Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets.
- May be responsible for budget system completion.
- Participates in projects of moderate complexity as assigned and may lead projects of low complexity.
- Provide ongoing user education and management consulting on the use and interpretation.
- May train and review the work of clerical personnel or peers to ensure accuracy and compliance of data entered into various financial systems.
- Minimum two (2) years financial analysis or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related field OR four (4) years equivalent experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- General application of financial analysis concepts and principles.
- Full use and application of standard, financial analysis principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Required proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, and macros.
- Working knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems.
- Able to formulate study designs and conduct analyses.
- Frequent use of budgeting and accounting systems and processes knowledge.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.