Systems Administration Consultant Applications- Cerner Integration & InterfacesLocation: Greenwood Village, CO Job Number: 931402 Date posted: 01/11/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
As a Systems Admin Consultant on the Cerner Integration and Interface Team, you will participate in all aspects of Medical Device Integration (MDI) and Foreign System Integration (FSI) of the Cerner Millennium PathNet Laboratory applications, including GenLab, Blood Bank, and Microbiology on a National basis. As a member working in a team environment you will work independently to complete build and integration tasks as assigned. Team members demonstrate working knowledge and experience in tools such as: Panther, Olympus, SI Manager, Openview, MDIInstalltool, CareAware, Data Innovations, etc. A strong candidate will be able to demonstrate analysis skills and error resolution experience.
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position drives the incident and problem management process by resolving complex issues (e.g., root cause analysis, coordinate prevention plan execution) and addressing second level escalations as appropriate.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks, as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; evaluating recommendations made; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Collaborates with technical and project team leaders to resolve system problems and application-specific issues.
- Communicates with product users and suppliers to share information, identify opportunities, resolve problems, prioritize customer requirements, and maintain continuous improvement through customer feedback.
- Escalates unresolved or critical issues, risks or problems to system engineers and management.
- Meets timelines and provides cross-functional resources to drive the delivery of appropriate, sustainable, and prompt solutions.
- Plans and performs complex system configuration.
- Manages the stability, availability, and performance of enterprise systems and systems in one or more additional IT domains (e.g., systems, applications, network, databases, storage, security) by performing complex systems analysis to identify problems, trends, and opportunities for improvement.
- Plans the maintenance, modification, and documentation of applications.
- Monitors the service of first and second level support for enterprise systems and systems in one or more additional IT domains by diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving complex incidents to minimize system issues.
- Creates complex documentation of new and existing system configuration and procedural information, and supports others in ensuring system configurations documentation is complete and accurate.
- Provides complex application-oriented administration and technical support for production and non-production environments.
- Leads hardware and software changes into environments and one or more additional IT production environments by performing impact analyses of system changes.
- Develops guidelines to prevent and/or resolve recurring problems.
- Recommends and executes complex performance tuning and optimization activities.
- Evaluates new complex application packages and identifies anticipated systems requirements for planning purposes.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.