Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Assitant, Physician -InPatient SurgeonLocation: Halethorpe, MD Additional Locations:
Job Number: 804821 Date posted: 08/07/2019
To provide direct care to surgical patients under the supervision of a physician/surgeon.
- Assist Surgeon during surgical procedure by carrying out surgical functions as directed by the surgeon in order to ensure optimal results to the patient.
- Provide comprehensive evaluation, management, and care of pre and post operative patients. Develop comprehensive plan of care and review with supervising physician.
- Participate in patient education specific to surgical procedures and post-operative care.
- Determine, order, interpret and document appropriate tests, treatments and drug prescriptions.
- Assist in surgical rounds at hospital.
- Collaborate with the physician and other clinical staff members to maintain continuity of care.
- Refer patients to supervising physician or, with physician agreement, to other health/ professionals as appropriate.
- Participate in developing, reviewing and revising medical / surgical protocols.
- Participate in training of staff and students as necessary or indicated.
- Integrates the principles of patient safety and quality care into daily practice.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
Employee will see patients at Baltimore Washington Medical Center (BWMC) . Employee will round take call and assist on surgical cases. Employees may be required to see patients in clinic.
- Graduation from an accredited PA program.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Board Certification from NCCPA - renewed every six (6) years.
- State licensure valid in jurisdiction where assigned.
- DEA number required if practice agreement authorized prescribing of controlled substances.
- Written delegation agreement with supervising physician on file with Kaiser Permanente Physician Professional Quality Assurance Office (PPQA) and the appropriate state Board of Medicine.
- Current CPR certification is required from the American Heart Association.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- This is a physically and emotionally demanding job requiring significant commitment to learning new skills as well as prolonged standing (up to 6 hours at an operation table).
- The practitioner will be assigned to a specific location every day depending on surgical cases (ie. at hospitals and ASC) and clinic need which will be determined by the Area Service Chief.
- Location assignments will be made monthly whenever possible, according to access needs; assignment sites may be changed on short notice.
- Two (2) years of assisting in surgical specialty experience is preferred; experience preferred in specialty to which assigned.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.