Clinical Assistant - Flu Clinic/Float
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Minimum one (1) year of full-time experience as a nursing/medical assistant in a hospital, doctor's office or ambulatory care clinic is required.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- State of Maryland: Certified Nursing Assistant required.
- Completion of all Kaiser Permanente Clinical Assistant required competencies within the first sixty (60) days of employment, and annually thereafter.
- External applicants and all internal applicants that did not go through KPMAS CA Skills Maximization and Standardization Program will be required to complete an internal Kaiser medication course and required to complete all medication competencies within the first one hundred eighty (180) days of employment, and annually thereafter.
- Must obtain a passing score of 70% or higher on Clinical Assistant pre-employment screening exam.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Effective communication (written and oral) skills.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in administering medications and/or have completed medication administration education.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- Current National Medical Assistant Certification.
- Familiarity in documenting in an electronic medical record system.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.