Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Urgent Care TechnicianLocation: Halethorpe, MD Additional Locations:
Job Number: 847738 Date posted: 11/27/2019
- Coordinates flow of patients in the department to optimize throughput; keeps patients apprised of delays.
- Observes patients in the department and notifies the provider and/or RN immediately if patient appears in distress.
- Prepares patients to see the provider; assists prior to, during, and following examination as needed.
- Performs all skills required of the Clinical Assistant. Additionally, inserts foley catheters, performs complex splinting and performs venipuncture for the purpose of drawing blood or inserting a saline lock.
- Provides and reviews written instructions with patients as appropriate.
- Maintains examination and treatment rooms and other clinical and reception areas. Cleans equipment following established organizational guidelines. Ensures that established standard supply levels are maintained and orders supplies as directed by the Clinical Operations Manager or lead RN.
- Verifies eligibility and demographic information for both new and existing patients and, when necessary, inputs data in accordance with pre-enrollment and non-status change procedures. Collects, secures, and accounts for payments received from members, in compliance with established procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Week 1: Sunday 12:00pm-8:30pm, Wednesday 12:00pm-8:30pm, Thursday 12:00pm-2030
Week 2: Wednesday 12:00pm-8:30pm, Friday 4:00pm-12:30am, Saturday 4:00pm-12:30am
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as an Emergency Department technician, Emergency Medical Technician or military medic required OR equivalent combination of experience as an Urgent Care Clinical Assistant and completion of training on required skills.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Nursing Assistant only required for the state of MD.
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification required.
- IV certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Requires bending, lifting greater than 20 pounds, pushing wheelchairs/stretchers.
- IV Skills.
- Splinting Proficiency.
- Minimum 2 years recent ER experience.
- Must have Excellent Customer Service Skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.