Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Assistant Manager Ambulatory Care Department - OphthalmologyLocation: Harbor City, CA Additional Locations:
Carson South Bay Medical Offices 18600 S. Figueroa, 18600 S. Figueroa St., Gardena,California, 90248 Job Number: 784930 Date posted: 05/08/2019
- Supervises daily operations and ensures staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, TJC, and federal, state and local requirements.
- Implements and maintains patient care and quality service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Assists in providing on going staff development.
- Implements and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organization's goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Collaborates with physicians, department chief and nursing manager in developing the appropriate level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in ambulatory care or other relevant healthcare experience required OR minimum two (2) years in leadership capacity.
- Bachelor's degree required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; knowledge of ambulatory care practices/operations/issues.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with electronic health record as indicated within six months of hire.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Clinical management experience preferred.
- Manager will oversee Ophthalmology in Parkview MOB and Carson MOB.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.