Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- High School Education or General Education Development (GED) required.
- A current and valid California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist License (CLS)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to utilize the principles, theories, practices, methodologies and techniques required of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- NOTE: ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR REGIONAL REFERENCE LABS (RRL):
- Function competently as a Licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist in a high volume Laboratory demonstrating knowledge of principles, theories, practices, techniques. Must have Good communication skills and able to solve problems.
- Experience in the automated instrumentation; knowledge testing principles; molecular based procedures; QC protocols; knowledge in autoverification, EIA, chemiluminence and IFA platforms;knowledge of method validations, and hematology validation, QC and calibration, manual diff count. (CORE LAB, includes AUTO CHEM, IMMUNOLOGY, HEMATOLOGY).
- Experience and knowledge in using high complex methods employing electrophoresis,chromatography, and mass spectrometry, and Special Coagulation (SPECIAL CHEMISTRY, SPECIAL COAGULATION, BIOCHEMICAL GENETICS).
- Experience in molecular microbiology, method validations, QC and calibration, and testing, and other viral studies (MOLECULAR MICROBIOLOGY/VIROLOGY).
- Read, interpret, work-up and report culture results for all areas of Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacteriology; proficient in reading and interpreting stained smears; knowledge and ability to set-up and report automated/molecular identification and susceptibility testing and interpret results (BACTERIOLOGY)
- NOTE: ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR REGIONAL FLOW CYTOMETRY (LOS ANGELES):
- One year recent experience in Flow Cytometry analysis such as leukemia / lymphoma phenotyping, paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria, T cell subset enumeration, DNA cell cycle analysis and cytochemical staining.
- A Clinical Laboratory Scientist with a limited license will only qualify for a CLS position within their specialty and only applicable in the following departments at the Regional Reference Laboratories: Chemistry limited license qualifies for Automated Chemistry or Esoteric Chemistry CLS positions; Toxicology limited license qualifies for Esoteric Chemistry CLS positions; Immunology limited license qualifies for Molecular or Immunology CLS positions; Microbiology limited license qualifies for Bacteriology, Molecular or Immunology CLS positions; Hematology limited license qualifies for Hematology and Special Coagulation.
- One (1) year recent experience as a CLS.
- Rotating weekends. Must be proficient in all depts. Must provide availability incl alt weekends. Shift is 1 Night/2 Day with varied start & end times.