Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Dietitian ILocation: Harbor City, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 736241 Date posted: 11/06/2018
- Upholds KP's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals & priorities
- Assesses member needs, establishes priorities, designs, develops, recommends, updates, implements & evaluates programs, curriculum, materials (written & audiovisual), protocols, procedures & standards for health/nutrition education
- Plans, participates & evaluates community events & coordinates use of community resources as appropriate
- Implements nutrition care plans to include follow-up & referrals to government, community and/or other KP facilities for continuity of nutrition care
- Educates/counsels members, family & caregivers regarding health & nutrition on an individual or group setting (classes)
- Develops meal plans as appropriate to meet member's lifestyle, socio-economic background, age, culture, diagnosis & religious affiliation
- Consults & educates physicians & other health care providers regarding member & population specific nutrition/health related issues
- Participates in multidisciplinary care teams & committees
- Collects data, plans, prepares & implements reports for performance improvement and/or quality assurance audits
- Develops grants & proposals for health/nutrition programs
- Plans, conducts & evaluates in-service education programs for department staff, the multidisciplinary care team & physicians
- Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
- Provides high quality, evidence-based, efficient, customer-focused MNT, including nutrition screening, assessment, care planning & education for appropriate nutrition intervention
- Develops, implements & monitors ongoing plan of care based on the screening & assessment of the patient specific nutrition care plans/education & based on the patient's age, nutrition & psychosocial status, diagnosis, cultural background & religious affiliation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Food/Nutrition or related field.
- Must be a current Registered Dietitian (RD), as confirmed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Pre-RDs may be considered if candidate has completed the Supervised Practice Program (SPP) for RDs, AND not more than six (6)months have passed since completing the SPP, AND candidate has not previously failed the RD registration exam, AND candidate must become a RD within six (6) months of completing the SPP to comply with California Law.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal computing systems.
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership Environment.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.