Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Kitchen Worker - On Call VariablesLocation: Harbor City, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 757052 Date posted: 02/13/2019
- Upholds KP's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, & applicable state, federal & local laws.
- Assembles all food & non-food items for patient trays, cafeteria and/or catering services.
- Delivers food carts w/patient meals/catered meals & nourishment to appropriate pantries & meeting rooms.
- Collects soiled meal dishes after meal services & returns them to dish room.
- Ensures quality & appearance of all food & non-food items, ensures proper storage of food & non- food items following Hazard Analysis Critical Control Policy (HACCP) guidelines.
- Cleans, sanitizes & maintains all dishes, food delivery carts, equipment, work areas, & pantry food stations.
- Maintains proper stock levels in own work area including taking & filing of inventory & disposal of outdated foods.
- Utilizes effective communications including telephone conversations w/ patient's, doctors, & members, vendors, staff, & co-workers.
- Collects & maintains written information including logs, menus, slips, charts, forms, requisitions, filing & scheduling activities.
- May provide training & orientation.
- This is an on-call position, days and hours may vary.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.