Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Manager II Ambulatory Care DepartmentLocation: Harbor City, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 749832 Date posted: 01/12/2019
- Ensures that services meet members', physicians', and internal clients' needs in a changing and competitive health care market.
- Achieves integrated services across the continuum of care and manages and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services, and operations by designing and implementing systems, processes, and methods to evaluate and improve patient care.
- Participates as part of management team in formulating, implementing, and evaluating business plans/strategies and new models/methods of service delivery for ambulatory care services.
- Responsible for achieving both short-and long-term strategic, business, and financial goals/objectives.
- Ensures patient care staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, NCQA, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing, and other health care providers in establishing, implementing, and maintaining patient care and quality service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as a patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Provides for on going staff development.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organization's goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Collaborates with Physician Team Leader and Department Chief in developing the level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee, and department safety/ risk management issues.
- Minimum four (4) years of supervisory experience in ambulatory care management or other related clinical area experience.
- Minimum two (2) years as an Assistant Manager of Ambulatory Care (i.e. JC 06020)
- Completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration and two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A current incumbent in job code 06053 (Manager II Ambulatory Care Dept) or a current incumbent in job code 06057 (Manager I Ambulatory Care Dept).
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills; knowledge of ambulatory care practices, operations and local, state and federal regulatory standards.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.