Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Monitor Technician (On-Call)Location: Harbor City, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 816813 Date posted: 08/20/2019
- Observe cardiac rhythm of patients on monitor.
- Run and post rhythm stripes at designated intervals.
- Initiate code blues.
- Interpret rhythms and validate computer readout.
- Check and verify lead placement on patients.
- Compare posted strip to previous strip and notify nursing staff of changes.
- Notify nursing staff of any change in cardiac rhythm.
- Place patient identification sticker on monitor.
- Recognize and respond to unusual or abnormal patient condition.
- Equipment and Instruments: Clean equipment after each patient use.
- Equipment includes cardiac (ECG) monitor, telemetry transmitter, central monitor bank, and Arrhythmia analysis/printer.
- Test equipment for proper working order.
- Ensure that equipment is in good working condition.
- Report equipment problems to supervisor.
- Maintain work area clean and orderly.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Formal EKG or arrhythmia class with a minimum of 20 hours.
- Successful completion of arrhythmia updated within the last two years if basic arrhythmia class taken over two years ago.
- Successful completion of the Kaiser Permanente basic arrhythmia assessment test with a score of 80% or better.
- Current BCLS card.
- Adequate hearing either alone or with a hearing device.
- Ability to organize and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as a team member.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.