Physical Therapist Per Diem Inpatient
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Evaluates patients and interprets examination findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction relative to persons limited by medical problems, birth defects, or health related conditions to restore their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. Performs clinical testing to determine muscle strength, reflexes, sensation, coordination, range of motion, and other sensory motor skills while performing clinical analysis and treatment of postural, gait, and ADL disorders.
- Establishes plan of care to achieve established goals relative to age, medical history and dysfunction.
- Administers or prescribes modalities and other physical agents.
- Administers or prescribes exercise programs/development of patient care programs.
- Demonstrates professional competence and clinical reasoning in assessing patient's condition at the onset and through all phases of skilled physical therapy.
- Routinely takes usual and special precautions relative to the age, medical history and condition of the patient, and the type of treatment being given.
- Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progression towards goals, and the need for modification of treatment and/or goals.
- Implements the treatment program through direct treatment of the patient.
- May delegate a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel.
- Coordinates the treatment plan and participates in discharge planning with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- May participate in relevant patient care rounds and case management conferences.
- Provides advice and education to patient and family.
- Discharges patients from physical therapy services when skilled therapy is no longer medically necessary and when clinically appropriate.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Follows department guidelines on cleanliness of assigned areas and reports non-functioning of patient care equipment by following department equipment maintenance policies and procedures.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of physical therapy services provided per State and Federal requirements and relevant medical group policies and guidelines.
- Works in partnership with Management to complete all mandatory compliance requirements.
- May be required to be trained to cover a diverse population of patients depending on local medical center need.
- May be involved in the clinical competency of PT Assistants and PT Aides.
- Adequately supervises PT assistants and PT aides when patient related and non-patient related tasks are delegated to them.
- Demonstrates internal and external customer service at all times and behaves in accordance with Principles of Responsibility.
- Completion of an accredited PT training program with a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current CA Physical Therapist License Or: License eligibility letter prior to first day of employment:
- American Heart Association approved BLS required prior to first day of employment.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to first day of employment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- If CA PT License Applicant (PTLA) or PT Aide Letter recipient: licensing exam must be passed within (120) days from letter date.
- Member APTA
- Inpatient skill set preferred.
- Per diem requirement per contract language.
- Scheduled start time may vary between 8:30am and 11:30am.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest